According to the National Weather service, Oxford is about to get hit by the biggest snowstorm in some time.
Here is the forecast through Tuesday night:
• A chance of rain and snow before 3 p.m., then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 36. North northeast wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
• Monday night Snow. Low around 23. North northeast wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
• Tuesday a 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 32. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
• Tuesday night a 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
• Wednesday a 20 percent chance of snow before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
Stay on HottyToddy.com for updated reports and interviews with city disaster preparedness officials. Here is the direct link to the National Weather Service: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=34.37&lon=-89.51#.UvfCAEJdUzk
2nd UPDATE>>Briefing From National Weather Service Puts Oxford in Heavy Snow Zone