As summer begins to turn to fall, there are always a few constants on the Ole Miss campus: a new semester, new faces, football season and Welcome Week.
This year’s Welcome Week, Aug. 21-28, is chock-full of exciting events for students both new and returning. Events include a movie in the Grove, a photo booth, an activities fair and more.
Of all the exciting events going on this week, we chiseled it down to 13 events that you don’t want to miss:
13) Who wants to make some extra money? If the answer is you, check out the Campus Recreation Job Fair at the Turner Center, 4 p.m. Thursday.
12) Ole Miss students are full of talents; make sure you don’t miss the ones who are musically inclined at Union Unplugged at the Student Union, 12:15 p.m. Thursday.
11) Who doesn’t love free breakfast? Don’t miss Pancakes on the Plaza at the Student Union Plaza, 7:30 a.m. Thursday.
10) The Grove is the holy grail of tailgating, but it is also a pretty sweet concert venue. Grab some friends and check out the concert in the Grove featuring “American Idol” winner Fantasia, 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 28.
9) Need something new to decorate the walls in your new room? How about a picture with some friends in the photo booth at the Student Union Plaza, 10 a.m. Monday.
8) Who doesn’t love Fat Amy? Grove-In Movie Series featuring “Pitch Perfect 2″ in the Grove, 8:30 p.m. Sunday.
7) Bring out you inner child by splashing around in the Ballpit with Strangers at the Student Union Plaza, 10 a.m. Tuesday.
6) ICE CREAM! Student Affairs’ ice cream social on the Student Union porch, 12:15 p.m. Tuesday.
5) Help support and raise awareness for cancer research by walking in the annual CARE Walk beginning in the Grove, 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
4) Center for Inclusion and Cross Cultural Engagement Open House in Stewart Hall, 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
3) What a better use of 10 beautiful acres of open space than to play Laser Tag in the Grove, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
2) Student organizations are the heart of our campus, so find one that fits your interests at the Get Involved Fair in the Circle, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
1) Finally, the first time that the class of 2019 gathers together will be at Fall Convocation in the Tad Smith Coliseum, 7 p.m. Thursday.
For more information, or for a full list of Welcome Week events, visit http://saa.olemiss.edu.
Courtesy of William M. Hamilton and the Ole Miss News Desk