A solid week of Lafayette County culinary bliss kicks off this Sunday, January 24, and for those familiar with the L-O-U community and its great refectories; its one event that shouldn’t be ignored.
The event, Oxford Restaurant Week, is in its third year and is a project sponsored and designed by Visit Oxford via its Community Enhancement program. The program performs just as its title suggests and describes the event as a “weeklong celebration of Oxford’s rich culinary tradition.”
Coupons for patrons are free of charge and will be honored through Saturday, January 30 – a perfect end to a cold January in Lafayette County.
Visit Oxford’s Community Enhancement Coordinator Amanda Gholson wrote in a recent email: “We’re celebrating three years (for Restaurant Week) and our area’s most treasured restaurants are ready to dish up delicious food at fantastic prices during Lafayette county’s most anticipated culinary program.”
So, here’s the skinny (pardon the pun) on the program: Folks interested in big savings at a select number of restaurants around town will either acquire their free coupon at Visit Oxford (located just off the Square) or at our local Chamber of Commerce located on Jackson Avenue. That coupon will allow nice discounts at participating restaurants on select items; and – here’s the kicker and a sweet bonus of the program – proceeds (which come from the participating restaurants) benefit the Oxford Food Pantry.
“Nothing brings people together like food,” Gholson said. “Oxford restaurants are ready to dish up delicious food at fantastic prices. Please come join us and help us support our local restaurants and Oxford Food Pantry.”
Check out these great deals from some of the participating restaurants:
• Boneheads: Buy one entree at the regular price and get the second one at a 50 percent discount
• Graduate Oxford – Cabin 82 and The Coop: Cabin 82: Receive a free 12-ounce coffee with the purchase of one signature fried chicken biscuit; and, at The Coop – get 4 sliders and fries for $15
• Gus’s Fried Chicken: Get a chicken plate (thigh, leg, breast and wing with beans and slaw) for only $8.95
• McEwen’s: Pay only $35 for the Prix Fixe menu
• My Michelle’s: Receive $2 off of a buffet visit
• Newks: Receive a free brownie, Peanut Butter Crispy or Big Crispy with your purchase of any entrée (good at both locations)
• Oby’s: Receive 10 percent off of any order
• Salsarita’s – Get $1 off of any entrée (one entrée per person)
All of the fantastic deals above are free to patrons, requiring only a quick visit to Visit Oxford or the Oxford Chamber of Commerce to obtain their coupon.
Other restaurants participating in Oxford Restaurant Week include: Boure; Buffalo Wild Wings; City Grocery; Domino’s Pizza; high Point Coffee; Old Venice Pizza Co.; Oxford Canteen; Oxford University Club; Proud Larry’s; Ravine; Second Line; Soulshine Pizza; The Country Club of Oxford; and Twisters Yogurt.
For any questions concerning Oxford’s Restaurant Week, call Gholson at 662-322-8921, visit the Visit Oxford website at VisitOxford or drop by Visit Oxford just off of the Oxford Square.
Jeff McVay is a staff writer and graphic designer for Hottytoddy.com. He can be reached at email@example.com.