62.8 F
Oxford

Phi Mu at Ole Miss

John Cofield's Oxford & Ole Miss –– Phi Mu at Ole MissPhi Mu was founded in 1852 at Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia. The founders were Mary Ann Dupont Lines, Mary Elizabeth Myrick Daniel, and Martha Bibb Hardaway Redding. Alpha Delta Chapter of Phi Mu was installed at Ole Miss on June 7, 1926. The present Phi Mu house was finished in 1965.

Phi Mu’s national philanthropy is the Children’s Miracle Network. Nationally, Phi Mu has raised more than $8.5 million dollars since 1986. Alpha Delta chapter works with LeBonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis.

Alpha Delta Chapter of Phi Mu celebrated its 75 years at Ole Miss by giving the centerpiece for the new
quadrangle at the University of Mississippi, between the J.D. Williams Library and the Paris Yates Chapel. At the
center of the quadrangle is the Phi Mu Fountain donated by alumnae and friends of Phi Mu’s Alpha Delta chapter.
The fountain is in the shape of the Phi Mu pin.

Most Popular

Recent Comments

scamasdscamith on News Watch Ole Miss
Frances Phillips on A Bigger, Better Student Union
Grace Hudditon on A Bigger, Better Student Union
Millie Johnston on A Bigger, Better Student Union
Binary options + Bitcoin = $ 1643 per week: https://8000-usd-per-day.blogspot.com.tr?b=46 on Beta Upsilon Chi: A Christian Brotherhood
Jay Mitchell on Reflections: The Square
Terry Wilcox SFCV USA RET on Oxford's Five Guys Announces Opening Date
Stephanie on Throwback Summer
organized religion is mans downfall on VP of Palmer Home Devotes Life to Finding Homes for Children
Paige Williams on Boyer: Best 10 Books of 2018
Keith mansel on Cleveland On Medgar Evans