56.3 F

KA Hosts Crawfish Boil

Photo By Cristina Huck

The southern gentleman of Kappa Alpha fraternity invited Ole Miss students to gather at their house on April 17th for their first philanthropic crawfish boil.

Last year, KA hosted a golf tournament and silent auction with 75 percent of the $95,000 raised going to the Wilbanks, Kelly, Kelly scholarship fund and the other 25 percent to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.

The scholarship fund was created in memory of three KA members who passed away in a car wreck last year. It’s an academic scholarship for KA members, and they are selected by the alumni and parents of the three boys.

“We figured it would be a good event that students and parents and community members could participate in,” said Brooks Cunningham, philanthropy chair of KA. “it worked really well last year, so we continued with the golf tournament and silent auction this year, and then we added the crawfish which we thought would be better as a student thing.”

Students could buy a ticket for $10 from any KA member prior to the event or at the door and enjoy good company, great music and fresh crawfish under the sun on their back patio.

“We are right on target with our goal,” said Cunningham, who hopes to raise $100,000 between the crawfish boil, tournament and silent auction.

The golf tournament will be held at Mallard Point on April 27th, the Saturday afternoon of Double Decker.

“We’re just excited and we want to thank everyone for their participation, and if anyone is interested in playing in the golf tournament, check out KAolemiss.com to register.” ––  Christina Huck, senior journalism major, Meek School of Journalism and New Media



Most Popular

Recent Comments

scamasdscamith on News Watch Ole Miss
Frances Phillips on A Bigger, Better Student Union
Grace Hudditon on A Bigger, Better Student Union
Millie Johnston on A Bigger, Better Student Union
Binary options + Bitcoin = $ 1643 per week: https://8000-usd-per-day.blogspot.com.tr?b=46 on Beta Upsilon Chi: A Christian Brotherhood
Jay Mitchell on Reflections: The Square
Terry Wilcox SFCV USA RET on Oxford's Five Guys Announces Opening Date
Stephanie on Throwback Summer
organized religion is mans downfall on VP of Palmer Home Devotes Life to Finding Homes for Children
Paige Williams on Boyer: Best 10 Books of 2018
Keith mansel on Cleveland On Medgar Evans
John Q. Citizen on