ARRRRIBA! Happy Cinco de Mayo!
In the United States, we celebrate Mexican heritage and culture by drinking margaritas on May 5. But the real Cinco de Mayo, primarily celebrated in the Mexican state of Pueblo, commemorates the day that the Mexican Army defeated the French in 1862. It’s not Mexican Independence Day (that’s September 16).
So, in honor of this most joyous of pseudo-American holidays, here are Oxford’s own Cinco de Mayo-themed watering holes:
Taqueria El Milagro
– Best Cinco de Mayo Happy Hour we’ve found so far! El Milagro has $2 margaritas all day AND karaoke tonight!
– Located at 1420 Jackson Avenue West
The Taco Shop, Mundo Latino
– Secret Taco.. need we say more?
– Located at 1921 University Avenue (behind Oby’s)
– Located at 1908 Jackson Avenue West
TeQuilas Mexican Bar and Grill
– Order the P5, you won’t be disappointed.
– Located at 2027 University Avenue (in the Kroger shopping center)
Papito’s Mexican Grill
– Located at 2570 University Avenue #21
El Mariachi Mexican Bar & Grill
– Located at 2622 Jackson Avenue West
– Visit their website at elmariachimexrest.com.
South Depot Taco Shop
– Not really Mexican (it’s Tex-Mex), but they still have delicious margaritas. Try the Corona Margarita!
– Located at 1004 Van Buren Avenue (just off the Square)
– Visit them online at southdepottacoshop.com.
Know of other Cinco de Mayo celebrations happening today? Let us know about it! Email firstname.lastname@example.org (or just bring four margaritas by the HottyToddy.com office at 307 Jackson Avenue West. Ask for Kate Wallace).