The Kudzu Kings will celebrate the group’s 20th anniversary at the Lyric Theatre in Oxford on Friday, November 28. The showcase promises to be a circus-like production, bringing all former members of every lineup up the rambling, ambling, cosmic Oxford cowboys to the stage, with lots of other entertaining goings-on.
Kudzu Kings leader Tate Moore shared with HottyToddy.com eight key reasons readers should not miss this once-in-a-lifetime bout of rollicking ribaldry.
1. “It’s going to be longer than a Bruce Springsteen concert,” says Moore. Chico Harris could not be reached for comment.
2. “More Kudzu Kings songs than any other show,” he says. Expect to hear golden nuggets that haven’t seen the light of day in years.
3. “Heavy petting zoo.” Get your parvo shots in advance.
4. “Thirteen members of the band.” All in one place for the first time.
5. “Light show equal to that at an electronic dance music show.” Kyper would be jealous.
6. “Puppets.” Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood had them. Why shouldn’t Mister Chaffe’s?
7. “Six latex cow head masks.” On loan from girlfriends of MSU’s offensive line.
8. “It will help the Rebs win the Egg Bowl.” If you need only one reason, there it is.
— Tad Wilkes, email@example.com
Eight Reasons You Can't Miss the Kudzu Kings' 20th Anniversary Show
Five Ways to Celebrate Halloween
Fall in Oxford
Best Wishes From the 2020 Ole Miss Homecoming Court
Ole Miss Homecoming: Signs Competition
Graduate Program Enrollment is Rising
Ole Miss student makes unique, custom t-shirts
Restaurants in Oxford Make the Best of Outdoor Seating
Ole Miss Big Little Reveal 2020
Jiwon Lee Plays the Star Spangled Banner
Ole Miss Gameday: Rebelette Edition