52.1 F

Passion for Politics: Trump is Not Pulling Out, He’s Pulling Away

passion for politics

The most recent NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll conducted October 15-18 shows Donald Trump with his highest percentage to date.

Trump now tallies 25 percent compared to challengers Carson at 22 percent, Rubio 13 percent, Cruz nine percent, Bush eight percent, and Fiorina at seven percent. The former Hewlett-Packard executive is down from 11 percent.

Donald Trump (Photo courtesy Donald Trump Facebook page)
Donald Trump
(Photo courtesy Donald Trump Facebook page)

Trump has now led in all national polls for 100 days and has solidified his stranglehold on the nomination going into next week’s October 28 debate in Boulder. Four years ago when the nomination would ultimately go to Romney, the former Governor never fell below second place at any time in the primary process. This is most problematic for Bush who currently finds himself in fifth place.

On the Democratic side of the equation, Hillary Clinton apparently delivered the knockout blow to her four challengers following their October 13 debate. The only thing remaining that could possibly derail her candidacy is either Vice President Joe Biden (should he decide to run) or the FBI investigation into the email/server scandal.

Hilary Clinton (Photo courtesy Hilary Clinton Facebook page)
Hilary Clinton
(Photo courtesy Hilary Clinton Facebook page)

A Trump-Clinton contest would be one of maximum interest featuring completely opposite views on the economy, foreign policy and domestic issues such as healthcare. Only weeks ago many of the leading national experts were predicting Trump’s campaign bid was laughable.

No one, however, is laughing anymore especially the Bush and Rubio campaigns. And speaking of laughter, the Donald will host Saturday Night Live on November 7 which would typically raise his ratings.

Following the next Republican debate, the field will certainly narrow as those candidates continuing to poll under 5 percent should see the handwriting on the wall. If you combine the antiestablishment percentages above including Cruz, you have 63 percent of the Republican voters. This then leaves a potential maximum of 37 percent to an establishment candidate which does not translate into a nomination victory run.

Steve Vassallo is a HottyToddy.com contributor. Steve writes on Ole Miss athletics, Oxford business, politics and other subjects. He is an Ole Miss grad and former radio announcer for the basketball team. Currently, Steve is a highly successful leader in the real estate business who lives in Oxford with his wife Rosie. You can contact Steve at sovassallo@gmail.com or call him at 985-852-7745.

Most Popular

Recent Comments

scamasdscamith on News Watch Ole Miss
Frances Phillips on A Bigger, Better Student Union
Grace Hudditon on A Bigger, Better Student Union
Millie Johnston on A Bigger, Better Student Union
Binary options + Bitcoin = $ 1643 per week: https://8000-usd-per-day.blogspot.com.tr?b=46 on Beta Upsilon Chi: A Christian Brotherhood
Jay Mitchell on Reflections: The Square
Terry Wilcox SFCV USA RET on Oxford's Five Guys Announces Opening Date
Stephanie on Throwback Summer
organized religion is mans downfall on VP of Palmer Home Devotes Life to Finding Homes for Children
Paige Williams on Boyer: Best 10 Books of 2018
Keith mansel on Cleveland On Medgar Evans