Organized by Volunteer Oxford, the “Grove-and-Give” veterans home supply drive is during today’s game.
Donors are encouraged to bring the following items to either the Union or The Pavilion at Ole Miss in between Steak and Shake and Raising Cane restaurants on Saturday, September 10 from 12-3pm.
Clothing (all sizes in men’s and ladies)
- Slippers with non-slip soles
- Diabetic Socks
- Lounging Pants
- Long Sleeve Shirts
- Colored/White T-Shirts
- Flannel Shirts
- Veteran’s Shirts (Navy, Army, etc.)
- Belts (various sizes)
- Suspenders (various sizes)
- House shoes (various sizes)
- Veteran’s hats (Navy, Army, WWII, Vietnam, etc)
- Wheelchair Bags
- Magnetic Picture Frames
- Music CDs
- Karaoke CDs
- Dry Erase Boards
- Headphones that plug into the TV
- DVD players for bedbound residents
- Wall Clocks
- Universal TV Remotes
- Poker chips –used to cover bingo cards
- Sensitive Skin Aftershave
- Boxes of Kleenex
- Eye glass cleaner
Organizers say any kind of gift cards are especially appreciated. Gift cards provide a way for the facility to buy for residents who do not have family necessary items they might need.
No Dental Floss, Toothpicks, Chap Stick, Powder, or Glass.
Lotion must be hypo-allergenic.
Soap must be in liquid form
Mouthwash must be alcohol-free