Ole Miss fans enjoy the nation’s best gameday, and the athletics department is continuing to make it even better with the release of its 2014 football survey and its improvement plan for the upcoming 2015 campaign.
“Our mission is to deliver the fans the best gameday in college sports, and we are committed to maintaining our status as a ‘bucket list’ experience,” said Michael Thompson, senior associate AD for marketing and communications. “We have gathered invaluable data in the five years we have conducted these surveys, and we will continue to utilize it to identify where we can improve.”
In December 2014, an electronic survey was sent via email to Ole Miss football season ticket holders and generated 3,081 total responses. The data was segmented by three audiences: 1) fans that sit in general seating areas; 2) fans that sit in premium areas, such as suites or clubs; and 3) student fans that sit in the student section.
Respondents were asked to rate their satisfaction levels (4-point scale) of 62 elements in six categories: 1) first impressions; 2) concessions/catering; 3) restrooms; 4) marching band; 5) video board, ribbon boards and audio; and 6) mobile connectivity.
Notable improvements for the 2015 season include:
– Added south end zone ribbon board.
– Renovated press box and west side suites.
– Added three new concessions stands and two new restrooms in south end zone.
– Launched new mobile-friendly OleMissFB.com with interactive parking maps, rosters and more.
– Adding a professional DJ to the game experience.
– New, premium season ticket books.
– Added NWCC lot to city shuttle service.
The complete survey report and all improvements for the 2014 season can be viewed at http://univ.ms/findings2014.
Courtesy of Ole Miss Athletics