The Oxford Board of Alderman will have a meeting tonight at 5 p.m. in the courtroom of City Hall.
Items on the agenda include promoting Oxford Police Department officers, a potential activity center and expansion of an indoor tennis complex with the Oxford Park Commission and the University of Mississippi, rural transit and much more.
A complete list of the agenda is as follows:
- Authorize the City Clerk to travel to Tupelo for clerk’s training on March 16-18, 2016 at an estimated cost of $600.00. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Authorize the Recycling Coordinator to travel to Destin, FL for the Southeast Recycling Conference and Trade Show on March 13-16, 2016 at an estimated cost of $1,142.00. (Amberlyn Liles)
- Authorize the promotion of an employee in the Environmental Services Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize one officer to attend Sniper Training in Gurney, AL on February 26-29th, 2016 at an estimated cost of $1,049.00. (Joey East)
- Request permission to hire a Records Clerk. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to hire a Patrol Officer. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request approval to promote an officer to Desk Sergeant. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request approval to promote an officer to SRO Sergeant. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize one employee to attend the Emergency Services Administrative Professionals Conference in Bay St. Louis on May 4-6, 2016 at an estimated cost of $300.00. (Cary Sallis)
- Authorize the OED Superintendent to attend the TVPPA Annual Conference in Sandestin, FL on May 15-18, 2016 at an estimated cost of $1,662.00. (Rob Neely)
- Adopt retirement resolution for Samantha Toles. (Joey East)
- Discuss SAMHSA grant. (Sandy Rogers)
- Request permission for a revocable license for cypress structures on Davis Circle (Oak Grove Apartments) and request relief from enforcement of City Ordinance Section 87-23, curbside bins. (Amberlyn Liles)
- Announce a vacancy on the Oxford School Board. Interested residents, of the City of Oxford, may submit a letter of interest and resume to the Mayor’s Office.
- Appoint Brad Mayo to the Economic Development Foundation Board.
- Presentation by Earl Dismuke regarding Flag Project at Bailey Branch Park near FNC on Hwy 7 South.
- Request approval for the Mayor to sign the FY16-17 Grant Application for the Oxford-University Transit System and have it submitted to MDOT. (Tim Akers)
- Third Reading and vote for a proposed change to Ordinance 2011-4, Article VI.-Mayor’s Commission on Disability Issues; Section 2-212 (a) Composition of the Commission; to change the number of members from five to seven to seven to nine.
- Third Reading and vote for Case #2034-Amendment to Section 117 Definitions in the Land Development Code to include a definition of a carport. (Andrea Correll)
- Third Reading and vote for Case #2035-Amendment to Section 135.02, Uses permitted by Special Exception in the (RC) Multi-Unit Residential District and Section 150 (PUD) Planned Unit Development to add Mobile Food Vending. (Andrea Correll).
- Request approval for a preliminary plat for “The Helix at Oxford”, Case #2042, located on proposed CR 300/Oxford Way in the Oxford Farm Development formerly known as Callicutt Farms located on the proposed extension of CR 300/Oxford Way, further identified at PPIN #7984. (Ben Requet)
- Accept bids for electric transformers. (Rob Neely)
- Approve change order for OED Facilities Renovation Project. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission for one uniformed officer to work security detail at BMH-NMS. (Joey East)
- Request permission to advertise for the Majestic Oaks Drainage Project. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission to advertise for sidewalks on Tommie Collie Jane Road. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission to advertise for Price Street Relocation Project. (Bart Robinson)
- Discuss potential Activity Center Expansion/Indoor Tennis Complex project with the Oxford Park Commission and the University of Mississippi. (Bart Robinson)
For more information, visit oxfordms.net.
Emily Newton is a staff writer for hottytoddy.com and the editor of Experience Oxford magazine. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow HottyToddy.com on Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat @hottytoddynews. Like its Facebook page: If You Love Oxford and Ole Miss…