Since spring, warm weather and blazing sunshine decided to roar in over the last couple of weeks in Oxford, many residents and Ole Miss students are likely hunkered over a map of the U.S. in an effort to hammer out a battle plan concerning possible vacation destinations they could target this summer.
The good news; the Academic Traveler program at Ole Miss has done a majority of the grunt work for you by carefully planning its next excursion to New York City scheduled for July 5-10. The better news; everyone is invited to join the trip.
The catch is, however, a May 6 deadline to sign up has been issued by organizers of the trip – headed by theater professional Andi Bedsworth through the University of Mississippi.
The cost of the trip and six day excursion is a reasonable $2,000 and includes pre-departure educational material, a Metrocard, accommodations, museum admissions and tour fees, a welcome dinner at Carmines, show tickets and guided tours, among other perks.
The trip has been aptly titled New York: Theatre on Location and guarantees to keep participants busy during their 6-day excursion with these and other cool activities penned in the itinerary:
• Accommodations at the trendy Hudson NY Hotel, which is located close to Central Park
• A tour of New York’s Yiddish Theatre: From the Bowery to Broadway exhibit
• An exploration of the Broadway District
• Attendance at the musical comedy Something Rotten at the St. James Theatre
• Visitation of the theatre archive at the New York City Public Library
• A tour of the Guggenheim Museum
• Experience Arthur Miller’s production of The Crucible
• Explore the Drama Book Shop
• Experience the Carol King musical, Beautiful
Again, the deadline to sign up for the trip is May 6. Those interested should contact Bedsworth by email at email@example.com or by phone at 662-380-1940.
There are payroll deduction options available to Ole Miss faculty and staff. More information can be found at olemiss.edu/academic_traveler.
Jeff McVay is a staff writer and graphic designer for Hottytoddy.com. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org