Ole Miss women’s golf head coach Kory Henkes was named to the 2022-23 Division I Jackie Steinman Women’s Golf Coaches Association National Coach of the Year Presented by Golf Pride Watch List, the organization announced Wednesday.
Henkes is in her eighth season in Oxford and has led the Rebels to their second NCAA Championships appearance in three seasons and fourth in the last five. Henkes guided Ole Miss women’s golf to their first title in 2021 and hopes to grab another in Scottsdale this year. She also took home the 2021 WGCA National Coach of the Year award. Henkes has a chance at the honor for the second time as she is among 24 other coaches on the list.
Ole Miss is ranked No. 18 in the Golfstat team rankings, coming off a fourth-place finish at the NCAA Athens Regional. The Rebels have won three tournaments and placed in the top-five in seven of the 11 tournaments. The team is set to retake the course from May 19-24 at the Grayhawk Golf Club.
The award is recognized as the highest annual coaching honor in women’s collegiate golf, the Jackie Steinman Women’s Golf Coaches Association National Coach of the Year is awarded annually to the top coach in Division I, II, III and NAIA women’s golf. The recipient is selected by a prestigious collection of women’s collegiate golf coaches.
For all Ole Miss women’s golf latest news and information, follow the Rebels on Twitter at @OleMissWGolf, on Instagram at OleMissWGolf and on Facebook at Ole Miss Women’s Golf. General athletic news can also be found at @OleMissSports on Twitter, Ole Miss Sports on Facebook, and OleMissAthletics on Instagram.
Division I Jackie Steinmann WGCA National Coach of the Year Presented by Golf Pride Watch List
- Kalen Anderson, University of South Carolina
- Amy Bond, Florida State University
- Gerrod Chadwell, Texas A&M University
- Dana Dormann, San Jose State University
- Charlie Ewing, Mississippi State University
- Emily Fletcher, Northwestern University
- Laurie Gibbs, Pepperdine University
- Jay Goble, Baylor University
- Caroline Haase-Hegg, Augusta University
- Kory Henkes, University of Mississippi
- Kelley Hester, Clemson University
- Laura Ianello, University of Arizona
- Kim Lewellen, Wake Forest University
- Lauren Mason, Southern Methodist University
- Ryan Murphy, University of Texas
- Angie Ravaioli-Larkin, Texas Christian University
- Garrett Runion, Louisiana State University
- Ria Scott, University of Virginia
- Dawn Shockley, Oregon State University
- Justin Silverstein, University of Southern California
- Stacy Slobodnik-Stoll, Michigan State University
- Jill Trujillo, University of New Mexico
- Anne Walker, Stanford University
- Annie Young, University of Tulsa
Courtesy of Ole Miss Sports